InstructorKids Genius Team
Woodworking level 1 – Jigsaw Cutting:
In woodworking, students learn about the different types of woodworking machines like jigsaw, woodturning, drilling, and sanding. At the end of each session, they will leave home with a finished product of their own making.
During woodworking sessions, students will learn:
- How to assemble and fix the different machines
- How to explore the different parts that constitute every type of machine
- How to solve problems they might encounter while working
students in this level will learn how to work on the jigsaw and build complex 3D shapes with curvatures by cutting planar wood.
- Dexterity and motor skills: as coordination between the two hands is needed in order to make more refined pieces of work
- Assembling a jigsaw: getting familiar with all the inner parts to make it work and learn about the role of the eccentric piece in machines
- Learn how to assemble 3D shapes from 2D parts
- Refining crafts by sanding and drilling